FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies Texas, LLC Calibration Technician II in College Station, Texas
_Summary_*:* The Calibration Technician II is responsible for maintaining and improving the cGMP Calibration Programs at the Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnology Texas (FDBT) facilities in College Station Texas.This includes complex bio-pharma processing equipment such as Mobile Bio Processing Rooms, Mobile Clean Rooms, Bioreactors, Fermenters, centrifuges of various sizes and process, filtration skids, columns, critical water systems and a variety of analytical and test equipment.
- Perform calibrations of complex instrumentation on production, laboratory and facility systems ensuring all systems and devices are calibrated in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and FBDT SOP's.__
- Assist in the development of investigations resulting from 'out of tolerance' conditions with respect to instrumentation.__
- Share knowledge and experiences with lower level Calibration Technicians.__
- Complete calibration work orders and engineering change controls within the allotted time.__
- Interface with calibration contractors ensuring work is compliant with FBDT SOP's and cGMP's to maintain state of the art technology within the facility.__
- Maintain all calibration records, work orders, and investigations in an orderly and accurate manner in compliance with cGMP's by the utilization of the site CMMS and Document Management Systems.__
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including FDA, OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all safety SOP's and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
_Required Skills & Abilities:_
- Knowledge of calibration procedures and techniques, including calibration of thermometers, PH meters, pressure and vacuum gages, differential pressure gages, autoclaves, CIP/SIP systems, incubators, analytical equipment, and process tanks as well as other laboratory instruments. This will include equipment instrumentation and instruments installed in Loops.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and experience applying these skills to resolve technical problems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with CMMS System.
- Ability to work in PLC, Delta V, and SCADA Systems.
- Knowledge of calibration and documentation requirements for cGMP manufacturing.
_Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:_
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Have a normal range of vision.
- The ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 45 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds briefly.
- Climb ladders and stairs of various heights.
- Be exposed to wet or humid conditions.
- Be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Be exposed to noisy environments.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 2 years in calibrations activities experience of which at least 1 year must be in a cGMP or other FDA regulated operation; OR
- Associates degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of overall experience in calibration activities of which at least 2 years must be in a cGMP or other FDA regulated operation; OR
- High School Diploma or equivalent military training with a minimum of 5 years in overall calibration activities of which at least 3 years must be in a cGMP or other FDA regulated operation or a bio-tech facility.
- Experience working in a biotechnology facility.
Job Start/End Date: 03-May-2017 to 02-Oct-2017 (CST)
Location: College Station, TX, USA
Employment Type: Full Time