University of North Texas Assistant Director II in Denton, Texas
This position is open to internal candidates at the University of North Texas
The BioDiscovery Institute Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Director II to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the greenhouses allocated to the BioDiscovery Institute, currently the greenhouse range at Discovery Park, the greenhouses on the 5th floor of Life Sciences B, and the greenhouse between the BDI building (SRB) and Chemistry department.
- Responsible for coordinating with Maintenance for greenhouse servicing and repairs.
- Assist Faculty with USDA-APHIS permits for transgenic plants, pest management and pesticide applications, space allocation (in consultation with the BDI Executive Committee), plant maintenance and sanitation.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Experience in managing greenhouse facilities for research purposes
- Experience in the maintenance and containment of transgenic plants under USDA-APHIS regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the Argus greenhouse control system and pesticide application are also essential.
- Experience working in the field of plant biotechnology, as demonstrated by authorship or co-authorship on publications.
Requisition Number: 153175
Job Title: Assistant Director II
Official Title: Assistant Director II
Position Number: 00011366
Department: BioDiscovery Institute - 190402
Is this an internal posting only?: Yes
Is this a security sensitive position?: Yes
Driving a University Vehicle?: Yes
Job Open Date: 09-15-2017
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Pay Rate: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Pay Basis: Monthly
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=63866
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Special Instructions to Applicants: This position is open to internal candidates at the University of North Texas Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.